Release Version 1a:
- added clarifying usage notes.
The purpose of the Linked Text message is to provide clarifying/additional information about another a feature or event transmitted in another AIS Application‑Specific Message (ASM). As such, this message is always used in combination with another ASM.
- The Message Linkage ID is used to connect the Linked Text message to another AIS ASM (e.g., Geographic Notice, Waterways Management or Environmental).
- The same source MMSI must be used to send both the main message and Linked Text message.
- This message can be broadcast or addressed, but must be the same as the main message that it is linked to.
- Up to 5-slot messages can be created, however messages greater than 3 slots should be avoided.
- The recipients should remove (delete) the Linked Text message when the message it is linked to is updated or expires.
- Multiple Linked Text Messages may be used; in which case the recipient should display all of them, one per line. There is no guarantee that they will be transmitted in any certain order so each Linked Text Message should stand on its own.
As text annotations linked to other ASMs.
Submit any suggested changes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
See PDF document.